Dr. Tchang and I discussed the following topics about Obesity, Hormones, and Anti-Obesity Medications:
- What is obesity?
- Many people think of obesity as a problem that is caused by someone eating too much and being lazy. The obesity medicine world is working hard to dispel these types of myths. Obesity is not a personality or morality flaw!
- The obesity epidemic has been fueled by pushing the wrong treatment for obesity
- Because many doctors do not understand obesity, patients are given the wrong advice and this causes needless suffering.
- Calories-in, calories-out is missing the point and over-simplified
- Our brains affect hunger and where our calories go, so it affects our ability to manage our weight
- That is where the answer to weight gain lies; it's less about just how many calories we eat and more about our brains and hormones!
- What about "overweight"? Is that a medical condition?
- Certain populations do have a higher risk of medical complications even with a lower BMI
- What happens if you are dieting and exercising and still can't lose weight?
- "What hormones are causing my weight problem?"
- Obesity medication naysayers
- The crux of obesity is that it is a neuro-hormonal disease
Watch the video to learn more about Obesity, Hormones, and Anti Obesity Medication
And here is a link to the full-length version of our conversation about Obesity, Hormones, and Anti Obesity Medication.
If you want to lose weight for the last time and would like support in developing those habits click on the link below to learn more about our program.
Loved this! Provided invaluable information that I have never heard before about obesity. Thank you!
Thank you! I’m glad it was helpful.